Ingredients (for 28 bagels)
- 3 cups Lukewarm water
- 4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 5 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Sunflower oil
- 2 egg & 2 yolks (65g eggs)
- 100 gr. Vital Wheat Gluten Flour
- 1500 gr. Bread flour
Instructions (for home ovens)
- In a stand mixer, mix ingredients in order and knead until dough is
smooth and uniform, roughly 20 minutes.
- Form in a tidy ball, lightly coat in a spoonful of oil, cover and let rise until doubled, roughly 2 hours.
- While rising, pre-heat your oven to 210C (top & bottom heat), with pizza stones (2) on the bottom and middle racks.
- Divide dough into 100gr balls, let rise for 20 minutes.
- Roll each ball to form a 30cm stick, combining both ends with a 10cm overlap and rolling this overlap between both hands
until they are fused, let rise for 20 minutes.
- Boil 10 L of water, dissolve in 1 cup of honey.
- Stretch each bagel to enlarge the inner-hole to a diameter of 15cm, ensuring ends remain fused.
- Boil for 90 seconds, flipping them mid-way.
- Set asside for 120 seconds until the bagels becomes tacky.
- Cover with selected topping, such as sesame seeds, while re-shaping each bagel to the desired size & shape.
- Bake on the bottom stone for 9 minutes, 4 cm apart.
- Transfer to the top stone and bake for another 9 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on a wire-rack and enjoy.